Home Forums Chatroom for I Am Heart 2017-18 Reflection questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Damon Scott
    Participant

1- From training what has been the most important learning?
    How do you see this learning enhancing your daily life?

The most important learning for me has been, simply, the exposure to all the new information and guidance. Most of the material is new for me, and so all it of requires a fair amount of reflection and digestion. It’s begun to enhance my everyday life because I’ve started to look at certain things through a different lens. It’s been a slow process, but the more I learn and the more sessions I attend, the greater that will become I believe.

2-Describe the ‘Middle World’ spirit place through one experience you’ve had with your guardian animal.

I haven’t had a Middle World experience with my guardian animal yet. I need to revisit that journey at some point.

3- Describe one “Lower World’ experience with your power animal.

Well, to this point, my spirit animal appears to be a black bear. However, I don’t have a power animal to speak of so far. Any advice here is appreciated.

4- Define ‘disassociation.’ What makes the difference between disassociation and shamanic journeying?

I think of this as very similar to what we call “open-eyed meditation” in yoga. I see shamanic journeying as active, as involved, as part of. And perhaps the difference is that disassociation is somewhat opposite and more in the context of “removing.”

5- Describe ‘Healed Ancestors” and give one example where you experienced your Healed Ancestor.

I see Healed Ancestors as those who have cleared or have been cleared of any negative energy that is blocking or adversely affecting the living. I know it’s likely much more than that. I don’t think I’ve experienced a Healed Ancestor yet. I know I have ancestors who need healing, because a couple have been top of mind in recent weeks, and for the first time in the context of this course.

6- ‘The crack between the worlds” occurs each year strongly (when____________________________.) What happens when this occurs?

Halloween. It’s a time when the veil between us and the spirit world comes closer — shrinks.

7-Have you found the readings helpful?

I’m behind on the readings, but the ones I’ve done have been very helpful.

8- On a scale of 1-10, 1 being least valuable and 10 being full value, what number do you give yourself for where you are with the input from training? Remember, no shame, blame, or judgment. This number is to help you honestly evaluate what has happened to you in one month, including all the ‘life lessons’ you’ve been given.

As you know I’ve been absent from some of the sessions and have been playing catch-up. Given that, I’m at a 5 or 6. But that’s only because I’m behind — not because of the training itself.

9- Is there anything more we can do for you?

I think the training has been great and I can’t wait to dive into it more and continue on with it.

Christina Wright-Lonheim

Damon,
    I believe that tonight’s class will bring clarity to the power animal questions. If not, text me, Dale, Anna, or Susan and let us help you get clear.
    I trust you are taking in exactly what’s right for you at this time. I appreciate how much you’ve shown up in the midst of a big move.
    Blessings,
    Christina

Susan Pullen

One thing that I have incorporated into my daily life is something that Christina shared: Thank you for giving your life so that I may live. She offered it in relation to roadkill and such, but I’ve been saying it at meals, especially to the animals that have become part of my meal. I was vegan for a while but my health declined, so I went back to eating meat. It’s kind of an uneasy thing for me so this acknowledgment has felt good.
    Probably the most important learning for me thus far has been about the victim/perpetrator roles and how they show up in ourselves, in our family systems, and in our cultures. Also regarding my daily life: I think this training has supported me in going to deeper levels of acceptance and releasing judgments.

2-Describe the ‘Middle World’ spirit place through one experience you’ve had with your guardian animal.
    I meet my guardian animal at an old evergreen tree on Lopez Island, on the property of a house my family used to own.

We went to see Thor: Ragnarok last weekend. Hela (Norse god Hel), Goddess of Death, is one of the characters. I kept feeling a very strong pull, that there was something I was supposed to investigate or do in relation to her. As I was contemplating whether I should journey on it, I passed a construction site and big letters caught my eye: “Hellas.”
    When I had a chance to journey, I went to my meeting place and checked with my guardian animal to see if it was right for me to undertake a journey to meet her and got an affirmative response. When I called my allies I was joined by my power animal and my psychopomp ally. We journeyed together down to the threshold gates of Hel’s realm. She met us there. Suddenly we had a bag of gold coins, which we offered her. She took the bag of coins and gave us what we came for: the soul of a man. I didn’t recognize him. He seemed to have olive skin and dark hair. We brought him to the place where my allies bring soul parts for healing when I am doing soul retrievals. After a short time there his form disintegrated into particles of light that floated up and disappeared. I’m not sure why I was called to take part in this, only that it felt right.

4- Define ‘disassociation.’ What makes the difference between disassociation and shamanic journeying?
    Disassociation is “checking out” or allowing one’s consciousness to wander, primarily as a form of self-protection (though it can become a habit). Shamanic journeying is done intentionally, with full consciousness and full recall of where you’ve been. Also, with shamanic journeying we make a point of being fully embodied afterwards, which isn’t always the case with dissociation.

5- Describe ‘Healed Ancestors” and give one example where you experienced your Healed Ancestor.
    A Healed Ancestor is a being on one’s ancestral line who has received healing and whose soul has developed to the point that they can now provide assistance as a touchstone of neutrality (non-judgment), support, and safety. One example – In a constellation about giving a presentation to my networking group about my spiritual work. The day of my presentation I also called on them and wore colors and jewelry in their honor, to feel more connected to them. It was very supportive!

6- ‘The crack between the worlds” occurs each year strongly (when____________________________.) What happens when this occurs?
    The veil is the thinnest around Halloween. At this time communication with spirits is easier as they are more accessible to us and us to them.

I have very much enjoyed the readings. The Caitlin Matthews book has primarily been review for me, but I appreciate her explanations. The Language of Love book had a few ideas that really struck me – this has probably been my favorite of the new (to me) readings.

8- On a scale of 1-10, 1 being least valuable and 10 being full value, what number do you give yourself for where you are with the input from training? Remember, no shame, blame, or judgment. This number is to help you honestly evaluate what has happened to you in one month, including all the ‘life lessons’ you’ve been given.
    I give myself an 8. I am a slow reader so I have had to hustle to keep us with the readings. I’ve prioritized readings over some of the other assignments such as chatroom postings.

I’m looking forward to more discussion of constellations.

Lizbeth Vasquez
    Participant

What has made a significant impact on my overall experience while learning has been witnessing the strengths and weakness of my powers, mentally and physically. Tangible and intangible experiences of past, present, and future situations have arisen in ways I sometimes can’t imagine. Some of it can be scary at times, especially while invoking a person you wanting to see but knowing is not a good idea to encounter.

Personally, I require more expertise in journeying because at times my experiences can be scary. I feel like I deviate at times in the middle world and that is why I don’t necessarily feel safe. I think that is just a reflection of my ignorance in the physical world where I experience “fear”. Yet, most of the time in the middle world I feel safe. I would like to cultivate a closer relationship with my guardian animal especially because I think she has helped me find what it feels like my true power animal.

I’d like to bring up something I mentioned previously. At times, I am afraid. I think this is also because I am in a new environment and that fear is reflecting on my journeying and my experiences as a lucid dreamer. Fear is ignorance and I will continue to polish myself through these practices. I can recall going to journey in search of the power animal again because the wolf didn’t feel right because one day I saw the wolf turning his back on me. I extrapolated that experience as not having a good connection with my power animal from a past experience. While doing the third journey to find my power animal, I found a horse the horse has helped me feel safe at this point.

Disassociation might be trauma flashbacks of instances where there was distressed in a past event that through disassociation, contact with reality is broken and the mind detaches from the body.

I have not have had an experience with a healed ancestor. I feel my whole family lineage from both sides of my family have some serious traumas. This results in having a hard time associating with someone to help me heal.

Autumn, in time for harvesting what we have sown in the spring.

I will do a lot of catching up on readings and work in the month of December.

I think I am in the middle. I feel this training has been complimentary to my philosophy and health studies but I also lack not being fully present. I am heart has been very intimate and I need to continue working with the tools I’ve been taught to continue to learn from these practices.

Not at the moment, thank you for your support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.