Home Forums Chatroom for I Am Heart 2017-18 What are three insights the reading has brought up for you? Reply To: What are three insights the reading has brought up for you?

Susan Pullen

Here are 3 things that stood out for me:
1. “We live in extraordinary times when people disbelieve in spiritual worlds and beings.” (p13) This really struck me – how “normal” and common it is in human history to have a connection to the spirit world and how unusual it is that in our present culture the spirit world is as absent and unacknowledged as it is. The idea that it’s a normal thing for people to believe in spirit and for that dimension to be part of our lives is comforting to me after a lifetime of feeling “weird” for being interested in and aware of such things.
2. “Soul-fragmentation can happen to societies and groups as well as to individuals.” (p26) This makes so much sense and with as much as I’ve thought about soul loss, it just never occurred to me before!
3. “We often have to find a teacher of our spiritual lineage in order to help deal with the ancestral bequest of our blood lineage.” (p136) I’ve never thought of it this way before. I felt some relief at the idea of having another ally in resolving ancestral issues.